Bari, Italy, July 22-26, 2019
A large extent of systems in biology, economics, engineering, physics, and other areas, are modeled by means of differential equations of fractional order whose correct treatment requires the attainment of advanced skills for numerical simulations. The aim of this Training School is to provide to young researchers the background for understanding the mathematics beyond fractional operators and devise accurate and reliable computational methods. In particular, the development of numerical software for the effective treatment of fractional-order systems will be one of the main assets of the training school with the possibility of organizing some laboratory tutorials.
List of the Invited Trainers and their topics:
- prof. Kai Diethelm (University of Applied Sciences Würzburg-Schweinfurt, Germany): Introduction to FDEs, numerical methods for FDEs
- prof. Roberto Garrappa (University of Bari, Italy): Introduction to fractional calculus, efficient implementation of numerical methods for FDEs
- prof. Guido Maione (Polytechnic University of Bari, Italy): Numerical methods in engineering and control theory
- prof. Maria Luisa Morgado (University of Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro, Vila Real, Portugal): Collocation methods for FDEs
- prof. Marina Popolizio (Polytechnic University of Bari, Italy): Matrix methods for FDEs and partial FDEs
- prof. Magda Stela Rebelo (Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal): Matlab implementation of collocation methods
- prof. Abner J. Salgado (University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, USA): Numerical methods for fractional Laplacian
- prof. Martin Stynes (Beijing Computational Science Research Center, China): Time-fractional initial-boundary value problems
- prof. Yubin Yan (University of Chester, UK): Numerical methods for fractional partial differential equations.
- Other trainers to be annunced
Eligibility, Financial support
The eligible expenses (travel, accommodation, meals) of the active participants of the Training school will be reimbursed after the event. The participants-Trainer must follow the COST Vademecum rules. The expenses for accommodation and meals are set as flat rate to 120EUR/night and 20EUR/meal, respectively, whereas max 6 nights and max 12 meals are eligible. For more information regarding the financial support, please see COST Vademecum or contact Action chair at koton”at”feec.vutbr.cz or local organizer prof. Roberto Garrappa (ts.frac.bari”at”gmail.com). The Trainers being from the member country of COST Action CA15225 or invited and approved are eligible for reimbursment. The full list of member countries can be found here.
The expenses (travel, accommodation, meals) of the active Training School participants will be supported by a COST Grant. For Trainees being outside Italy, the COST Grant is set to 1020 EUR, whereas for Trainees from Italy the COST Grant is 540 EUR. Note, that the COST Grant does not have to cover all your expenses. The participants pay all relevant expenses in advance, whereas first after the event they are reimbursed. For more information, please see the COST Vademecum or contact Action chair at koton”at”feec.vutbr.cz. Note that during the Training Scholl the organizer is provided with the Participants list, which you as a participant (Trainer or Trainee) must sign each day of attending the event to become eligible for reimbursement.
The maximum number of supported Trainees via the COST Action CA15225 funds is 20.
Application for Candidates as Trainees
To apply as Trainee for the Training School, you have to fill out the Application Form by May 25, 2019 and sent the Motivation Letter (max 1 A4 page) to the organizers (ts.frac.bari”at”gmail.com), where you will show your interest in attending the Training School.
The Training school will take place in Bari (Italy) at the Department of Mathematics of the University of Bari and at the Department of Electrical and Information Engineering, Polytechnic University of Bari.
- Filling out the Application form and sending the Motivation Letter: May 25, 2019
- Invitation of the Trainees via e-COST: June 5, 2019
- Training School dates: July 22-26, 2019
Both Trainer and Trainees have to arrange the accommodation by themselves. A list of recommended hotels will be provided shortly.
|Monday July 22||Tuesday July 23||Wednesday July 24||Thuesday July 25||Friday July 26|
|Lecture 5||Lecture 9||Lecture 11||Lecture 13|
|10:30-11:00||Coffè break||Coffè break||Coffè break||Coffè break||Coffè break|
|11:00-12:30||Lecture 2||Lecture 6||Lecture 10||Lecture 12||Lecture 14|
|14:00-15:15||Lecture 3||Lecture 7||Laboratory 1||Laboratory 3||Lecture 15|
|15:15-16:30||Lecture 4||Lecture 8||Laboratory 2||Laboratory 4||Dicsussion/|
Scientific and organizing Committee
prof. Roberto Garrappa (chair)
prof. Kai Diethelm
prof. Paolo Lino
prof. Guido Maione
prof. Tiziano Polit
iprof. Marina Popolizio
For any additional information regarding the Training School, please contact the Local Organizers at ts.frac.bari”at”gmail.com