Bari, Italy, July 22-26, 2019
A large extent of systems in biology, economics, engineering, physics, and other areas, are modeled by means of differential equations of fractional order whose correct treatment requires the attainment of advanced skills for numerical simulations. The aim of this Training School is to provide to young researchers the background for understanding the mathematics beyond fractional operators and devise accurate and reliable computational methods. In particular, the development of numerical software for the effective treatment of fractional-order systems will be one of the main assets of the training school with the possibility of organizing some laboratory tutorials.
The Training school took place in Bari (Italy) at the Department of Mathematics of the University of Bari and at the Department of Electrical and Information Engineering, Polytechnic University of Bari.
Based on the Application forms, the final 40 Trainees from Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, and Turkey were participating at the Training School, whereas 19 Trainees were financially supported via COST Action CA15225.
List of the Invited Trainers and Their Presentations:
- prof. Kai Diethelm (University of Applied Sciences Würzburg-Schweinfurt, Germany): Introduction to FDEs, numerical methods for FDEs: part 1, part 2, part 3
- prof. Roberto Garrappa (University of Bari, Italy): Introduction to fractional calculus, efficient implementation of numerical methods for FDEs: part 1, part 2
- prof. Guido Maione (Polytechnic University of Bari, Italy): Numerical methods in engineering and control theory
- prof. Maria Luisa Morgado (University of Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro, Vila Real, Portugal): Collocation methods for FDEs
- prof. Marina Popolizio (Polytechnic University of Bari, Italy): Matrix methods for FDEs and partial FDEs
- prof. Magda Stela Rebelo (Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal): Matlab implementation of collocation methods
- prof. Abner J. Salgado (University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, USA): Numerical methods for fractional Laplacian, part 1, part 2, part 3
- prof. Martin Stynes (Beijing Computational Science Research Center, China): Time-fractional initial-boundary value problems
- prof. Yubin Yan (University of Chester, UK): Numerical methods for fractional partial differential equations, part 1, part 2, part 3
Scientific and Organizing Committee
prof. Roberto Garrappa (chair)
prof. Kai Diethelm
prof. Paolo Lino
prof. Guido Maione
prof. Tiziano Polit
iprof. Marina Popolizio